Time check: thirty minutes to class. Eah, I’ll drive to the nearest convince store and get a coffee and something (probably loaded with calories) to munch on. BETTER PLAN!!!! How about a not so on-the-go, but still kinda on-the-go breakfast? Its saves you money, you don’t have to go outside, and in a world where looks are everything, it saves you from putting on a few pounds.
Its easy to take snacks from your favorite convince store and turn them into a homemade treat made healthier and made your way. Today I will be taking my favorite convince store, Wawa, and turning there chocolate banana cream smoothie into my breakfast on-the-go. Wawa’s chocolate banana smoothies are so good I will drive five miles out of the way, into center city, during a gang fight to get one, yeah there that good. But, MINES BETTER! I took Wawas concept, and added PEANUT BUTTER! This way my life is spared and I get what I want.
what you need:
1 Blender (preferably cleaned out from your margaritas last night, but hey I’m not here to tell you how to live your life, just what to eat)
1 Cup of ice cubes
1/2 to 1 cup of Milk of any kind (If you want a thicker smoothie only put 1/2 to 3/4 cup of milk in, if you want it less thick put 1 cup of milk)
1 Banana (Frozen or fresh)
1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter (Or more, whatever makes you happy)
1. Pour the ice and the milk into the blender
2. Blend the mixture on medium until most of the ice is crushed
3. Add in the banana, peanut butter, and chocolate syrup
4. Blend on medium speed until desired thickness
5. Pour in a glass and enjoy.
WARNINGS: Due to bad personal mistakes I feel as if I need to add these
- Seriously, clean out your blender. Tequila may sound like a good idea at 8am, but it doesn’t taste so great with this smoothie.
- Keep the lid on your blender, you do not want to clean up that mess (nor does your roommate).
- Do not poke mixture with a knife, in the blender, while the blender is on. Actually, don’t poke anything with a knife, put the knife down and take a step back.
After drinking your smoothie, the day is yours. Feel free to run around and boast to all your friends that you made a kick ass not so on-the-go, on-the-go breakfast.